Library Services for Distance Learners
Borrowing Materials |
Finding Materials |
E-Reference Assistance |
Technical Support |
Borrowing Library Materials
Your Library Account
To borrow library materials and to access library e-resources from off-campus, students must know their Lakeland ID number.
Phone 440.525-7424 for more information. Read about library policies.
Accessing E-Resources from Off-Campus
To access library e-resources from off-campus, students must know their Lakeland ID number.
The Off-campus access page provides instructions to connect to the research databases and other online resources.
The Lakeland Library offers the following online Reference services:
Email Lakeland Librarians a reference question at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone the Reference Department at 440.525-7425.
Chat reference 24/7 see: Ask a Librarian.
Informative tutorials about using library databases
The following describes the various services on the library home page
Search and Find
Under the Search & Find menu on the Lakeland Library Homepage (http://library.lakelandcc.edu) are links to Books, Articles, All E-Resources and Best of the Web.
- "Books, Etc." leads to the Lakeland Library catalog, the OhioLINK Central Catalog and the E-Book Center.
- Items located in either the Lakeland circulating collection or from OhioLINK may be requested online
- Items may be picked up at Curbside Pickup in the driveway near H Building or delivered to Lakeland East or to the Holden University Center
- Items may be returned at the drop boxes inside the entrance to A building, at the intersection of T and E buildings, or to the receptionists at Lakeland East and the Holden University Center.
- "Articles, Etc." http://library.lakelandcc.edu/articles.html leads to magazine, journal, newspaper and social issues databases.
- Select the Off-Campus link to log on to any of the following:
- Academic Search Complete (General database), Electronic Journal Center (Scholarly Journals only) or Lexis-Nexis Academic (Newspaper, Business and Legal information)
- CQ Researcher is a social issues databases with pro/con essays and background information
- Current Events, Subject Area, Type or Format, and A-Z List duplicate the methods of accessing OhioLINK databases from their main database menu
- Digital Media Center links to the image, sound and video dabases in OhioLINK
- E-Book Center links to the full-text E-Book databases in OhioLINK
- All OhioLINK databases links to the main OhioLINK database menu where users may select databases by subject area, type or name.
- Students may print, download or email articles found in these databases.
- "Best Internet Info" http://library.lakelandcc.edu/internet.html links to reliable web resources.
Guides & Help
The Guides and Help pages link to pages for picking topics and finding sources, to guides to materials for specific subjects, as well as to guides for writing and citing research papers. There are also links contacting Lakeland Librarians and Academic Know It Now!, a 24/7 homework help service from OhioLINK.
Interlibrary Loaning Materials from Off-Campus
For materials not available online or through OhioLINK, please fill out an Interlibrary Loan request and email it as an attachment. It can take up to 10 days to receive materials via Interlibrary loan.
For assistance, please phone the Circulation Department at:
For questions concerning technical computer issues - Internet connections, hardware and software requirements, and other technology related problems lpease contact the Lakeland Help Desk at 440-525-7570. Their hours are M-Th, 8-8; Friday 8-5; Saturday 9-4.
Get technical support by visiting the Help Desk website or by email: